In this episode of CoRo Is a Crush, we’re talking about why women must be respected and not treated as objects, and why we should be taken seriously.
I'm not sure why this needs to be said, but women are not objects.Why we're not objects? Here are a few reasons:
- We're not a thing you can win or acquire.
- We're not a prize for being a "good guy."
- We're not something you can "steal" from another man.
- We're not a reward for getting your life together.
The fashion industry has historically used women as objects to sell its clothes, shoes, and accessories. Just look at any number of magazine covers from the past 20 years and you'll see women who have been Photoshopped into near-illusions—skinny, tall, and "perfect." Sure, this is starting to change, but it's happening far too slowly for it to be acceptable.
It's hard to believe that there are women out there who still think that fashion is only for people who are a specific size and shape. The fact of the matter is that everyone is beautiful, no matter what size or shape they come in. You don't have to be a "size 0" or have a certain body type in order to dress in an attractive way.
The world of beauty has long been focused on making women look good for other people. When it comes to the beauty industry, women often feel like they're being treated like objects and numbers. They're led to believe that their value lies in their physical appearance, and that if they don't meet certain standards of "beauty," they're not worthy of love or respect.
But we know that's not true.
Some guys think that Christian women exist only for their pleasure. They think that if they have a relationship with God, they don't have to respect the women in their lives. They think that if we're religious, we'll put up with them treating us like objects.
If you claim to be a Christian man but treat women poorly, then you need to take a long look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself and ask for forgiveness.
Follow our Host
Join the Conversation!
- Our favorite part of recording each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat on Instagram.
Join the CoRo Tribe
- We would love to hear your stories or answer any questions you might have! Follow us on social media so you never miss an opportunity to connect with us.
Need a Speaker?
- Are you looking for an enthusiastic speaker for your upcoming event? Contact us and we’ll get back with you within 24-48 hours!
If you are a new listener to CoRo Is a Crush, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!